Updated: Friday, 11 October 2019
Considering working with a managed IT service providers for your business? When outsourcing any kind of service, it’s important to ask the right questions to ensure your working relationship is going to be positive for both parties.
If you haven’t even thought about managed IT services – we can tell you now: it is not just the large companies who are at threat of a breach from hacking or security situations. The smaller organisations are just as likely to be attacked by people seeking to compromise data and steal from you. We’re not trying to fearmonger you – it’s just the facts of the situation and it is far better to be prepared and ready then to wish you had done something when it’s too late.
Read on to find out more about the questions you need to ask your managed IT service providers so you can be sure that they are going to give you the service you need.
Can you create a tailored disaster recovery plan?
Every business is different and it’s important to ensure that the IT service provider you are working with can tailor fit a IT disaster recovery plan for your business. You may have particular laws and regulations that your company needs to abide by, or you might need 24-hour access to something that is mission-critical. Whatever the situation, you need to be able to work with your IT service provider to create a tailored disaster recovery plan.
- The right managed IT services provider is going to take the time to work with you and ensure that your business, your customers and your employees are all taken into consideration before delivering a solution
- Don’t accept a cookie cutter solution; ensure the team you work with offers exactly what you want
What support options are available?
When working with managed IT service providers, you want to ensure that they offer the support you need. After all, you’re working with an IT service provider because your current team might not have the capacity to manage this task, or because managed IT is so vital for your business. Whatever the reason, you want to ensure that your managed IT service provider can give you the support you need for your peace of mind.
- Managing your data is essential and you need to ensure that the managed IT service provider you work with gives you the support you need when you need it
- Ensure that if you need 24-hour access and support that you have it, especially if you have multiple locations in different time zones.
What kind of disaster recovery services are available?
Your budget and your overall requirements are going to dictate much of what is needed in terms of the data recovery solution you seek. If your business needs everything backed up and running within an hour, this is not going to be the cheapest option, but if it’s essential, that is what is needed.
At the lighter end of the scale, there is the option of off-site storage and encrypted storage; it all depends on what kind of service you want.
- Just make sure your managed IT service provider can deliver what you need to meet your budget
- Choose the disaster recovery service you need from an IT service provider who can give you what you want
Connected Platform – Your Trusted Managed IT Service Providers in Brisbane
While it’s a step in the right direction to engage the services of a disaster recovery provider, you need to ensure that they are testing and running assessments against your disaster recovery and back up process. Ensure that the recovery of your data takes place in the time frame you need it to.
When you are looking to an external disaster recovery provider and a managed IT service provider, make sure you work with a leading business where the focus is on quality service.