Business Phone Systems
If you find yourself in trouble with deciding between business phone systems, know that you are not alone and that help is just one call away. Whether you are switching your existing phone system to something different, looking to upgrade from a landline to a cloud phone system or if you don’t know where to get started, we are here to help. Call (07) 3062 6932 and our technicians will help you find the right solution for your business.
Deciding between office phone systems
One of the first decisions you will have to make, regardless of whether you have a large office or are looking for a small business phone system, is choosing between a cloud phone system and a landline.
Landline Based Phone System
These are stationary phones as you know them where your phone is hardwired via a copper telephone line connected to your office. Landline systems are robust and built on proven technology that has been around for over a century. They are, however, limited in features compared to more modern solutions.
Features of a landline phone system
- Functionality – a landline phone system will still let you put calls on hold, transfer and divert incoming calls and, of course, answer them, but the full list of features is not as extensive as a VoIP phone system. A landline is a right choice if your business only requires these key features.
- Usability – You may feel more comfortable with a landline phone system when compared with a cloud-based phone. While it is not as difficult to adapt to a VoIP phone as it may seem, if computer literacy of your staff is something you are concerned about, it may be easier to stick to a landline.
- Reliability – Landlines are the bread and butter of the telecommunications world; they are robust and reliable.
Cloud Phone System
A cloud-based VoIP phone system foregoes the reliance on a copper line and is delivered instead via your internet connection (this means that it can work on a 4G or an LTE wireless internet connection as well as on a connection delivered via means like copper-wired ASDL, fiberoptic cables, NBN or cable). As long as your connection is reasonably fast and stable, a cloud phone system offers the kind of functionality you will not get from a regular landline.
Features of a cloud phone system
- Functionality – a VoIP phone offers extended features you may not find on landline phones: voicemail to e-mail, automatic call forwarding, internal extension dialling and virtual receptionists to name just a few.
- Usability – We are confident in saying that although VoIP phones may come across as more advanced, it does not take long to get used to them and in our opinion, the extended features are worth the switch and the learning curve.
- Reliability – Since a VoIP phone system relies on a stable internet connection, having a reliable, responsive and trusted ISP (Internet Service Provider) is an integral part of the whole set-up. It is also a good idea to have a fallback internet service using 4G data.
Regardless of which way you may be leaning, or even if you are still undecided, Connected Platforms technicians can help you choose the right phone system for your business.